- Developers will be allowed to create turn-by-turn GPS apps.
- Push Notifications are actually coming.
- Copy and Paste
- Search throughout most of the OS.
- Notes syncing
- Free for iPhone owners
- $10 for iPod Touch owners
Notes and reactions from yesterdays iPhone 3.0 event:
- 30 million iPod Touch and iPhone. That’s a lot of devices.
- In app purchases sounds like a great way to spend a lot of money frivolously.
- Only allowing for pay apps to use in app purchases is incredibly smart.
- I wonder what happens if I uninstall an app that I have purchases content for. Will I be able to redownload that content for free?
- Peer to Peer is a wonderful solution to the impossible to solve problem of playing multiplayer games while in the car or somewhere without Wifi.
- Developers are now allowed to access accessories through the dock connector. It seems Apple has been listening.
- Oh, snap Turn-by-turn GPS!
- Push notifications are actually coming, they had to be rearchitected, I don’t know why they didn’t expect so many people to be interested in it.
- The Sims looks great, but what happened to Need for Speed? Shouldn’t that be done by now?
- ESPN used their familiar sound effect for their notifications, I’m getting more excited about Push Notifications as the minutes go on.
- Not surprisingly there has been no mention of EDGE when talking about the video streaming features. I wonder if they can scale the video down to the point where it streams nicely over EDGE (I doubt it).
- I’m very worried that developers will go in app purchase crazy. A $5 app should cost $5, not $5 plus $1 every time you want to play another couple of levels.
- Copy and Paste looks easy enough to use but I’m worred about how the double tap to zoom will interact with the double tap to copy/paste, it could get confusing. Also, I don’t see a cancel button, is there a way to?
- I hate the landscape keyboard, and I will only be more frustrated by the accelerometer activating when I’m laying down and using my iPhone.
- Advancements in the messaging app are going to be very well recieved. MMS has been needed since day one and it is amazing that it has taken this long.
- Voice Memos will be just another icon on my homescreen that I wish could go away.
- Does anybody actually use the stocks app?
- Search coming to Mail (thank you), iPod, Notes, and a new Spotlight homepage, to the left of other homepages, it is a universal search. I may never use this, but it looks cool, and demos real well.
- Notes syncing, I’ve been waiting for this for a long time, I was hoping for this more than copy and paste, now all those Notes on my iPhone aren’t going to be sitting in a black hole.
- Stereo Bluetooth, for those who use it.
- Auto-fill coming to Safari, no more typing in those long passwords.
- parade rain, MMS and stereo bluetooth won’t be coming to the original iPhone.
- Free upgrade for iPhone owers, $10 for iPod Touch.
Apple – QuickTime – iPhone OS 3.0 Preview Presentation