Unfortunately I will be at work while the event is going on so I won’t be able to find out what happened until about 3PM eastern time and won’t be able to post about it until after 4:30. But, I can start the day by doing some final predictions as to what I expect to see at the event.
- iPod Nano update with new design featuring a widescreen display (while turned on its side)
- iPod Touch Update, slight changes to the design and the possible inclusion of GPS.
- iTunes 8, new visualizer, Genius playlists, and Genius sidebar.
- Entire iPod line to see price drops (excluding the iPod Shuffle).
- iPhone and iPod Touch firmware 2.1 (if not available immediately then available in the next few weeks).
- HD TV shows
So that’s all I’m expecting at the event but I wouldn’t be too surprised if Steve Jobs pulled a “one more thing” and showed off something amazing (but I’m not going to get my hopes up).
I doubt that Apple will have a live stream of the event but they usually put one up a few hours after the show. But, during the event I would suggest those who are interested to follow Engadget’s live blog of the event.
There have also been a few of interesting images regarding the event floating around yesterday and today. The first is a mockup of what iTunes 8.0 will look like.
The last two images are claiming to be the interface of the upcoming iPod Nano.