Here is a nice little video as a preivew for the upcoming Windows Mobile 6.0. It looks cool but I want to get my hands on it before I make judgment.
Well MacWorld as you know is next week and I have a few things that I want them to release.
- New Mac Minis with Core 2 Duo Processors
- New iPods with larger hard drives and bigger screens
- an Apple Phone that is GSM
- The iTV
- New Airport and Airport Express
- Even though they said that it would not be released until after Vista, Leopard
- iWork’07 with a new Spreadsheet application
- New 8 Core Mac Pros
- Cinema Displays with built in iSight
- A new Low end 17″ cinema display
- Ultra Portable MacBook Pro with 12″ screen
- To give tools needed to build plugins for FrontRow
- New features for .mac including larger idisk capacity
- More Movies Studios in iTunes
For the longest time I’ve been using NeoOffice on my Mac for my Word Processing, Spreadsheet, and whatnot. But, iWork’07 might finally be worth my money. according to Think Secret, iWork’07 will have a spreadsheet application. This is all that I have been needing from iWork, I love Pages and I love Keynote but I hope that the new Spreadsheet application will be as simple and easy to use as those. The program is “referred to internally as Lasso” but will probably be called Numbers or Charts. It has over 200 functions and can import and export Excel spreadsheets.
With all these features I’m sure I’ll be in line buying iWork’07 shortly after it is released, most likely that weekend.
The display is only $1899 and it looks to be pretty amazing. I’m excited for some reviews of it but I’m already impressed. I bought myself a 42″ Vizio LCD and I love it. It of course isn’t the best but may be one of the best for your money. You can check out full specs over at its home base.
OWC and Axtrion will be debuting a Mac Tablet next week that they call the ModBook, it will basically be a MacBook that has been modded inton a tablet, this is a pretty cool idea, if Apple won’t do it, they will. I have a feeling it will be pretty interesting but I’m sure that it won’t be as well executed as it would be if Apple did it. Check it out here.
Sandisk is releasing a solid state hard drive it will be a 32GB drive and will cost about $600. They are saying 2 million hours as mean time before failure.
Having a 62MB per second sustained read rate it is fairly fast, It also is said to only use .4 watts of power compared to 1 watt of power of a standard hard drive. The drive is available to OEM builders right now.
LG is going to be showing off a HD-DVD/Blu-ray Player at CES next week. LG will most likely be the first to have a hybrid player because Samsung is the only other company to talk about one and they already have a Blu-Ray player available and its not likely that they would have one before LG. The player seems pretty darn cool and I can’t wait to see it. I am now waiting to hear more about this before I buy myself a next gen player. I’m a little partial towards Blu-Ray because of the support of Disney but HD-DVD seems to be a bit cheaper than Blu-Ray, especially since I’ve found the old Toshiba players for $300.
I’m excited about CES aswell and the coverage by dl.tv who will have videos up 4 times next week. I hope all of you watch dl.tv next week because I think its one of the best video podcasts out there.
CES and MacWorld are both next week and everything seems to be very quiet. There are not very many stories out today for me to tell you about. Just a couple of leaks about what someone is going to do at CES, namely that HP won’t be showing DLP TV’s there. I think this has to be the calm before the storm so to speak. Next week will undoubtedly be big Apple most likely has some big announcements and I’m sure there will be some really cool new gadgets out there for everyone to play with throughout the year.
If you are bored and need something to read though, head over to the Inquirer where Charlie Demerjian has an article up regarding the whole Microsoft Acer Ferrari blogger thingy. Its a pretty good article and makes great points that I wish people would realize. This happens all the time with companies who release new products, its not them being evil its Microsoft realizing that there is next to no laptops available that will run Vista with Aero Glass effects turned on.
There are a few rumor sites talking about the iTV at MacWorld. The rumor is that Apple may pass over the iTV at MacWorld. I have a feeling that the iTV will get passed over at MacWorld and that it will be another “one more thing” keynote by steve a week or two after MacWorld. I am convinced that Apple will release it in January because they said they would and they cannot miss this. It is a huge debut and a big opportunity for Apple to take over the living room.
I am worried that the iTV will not have solid 802.11n support because I’m worried that the standard will not be as set as they hoped, I think that the iTV might start out with g but have an n chip in it much like some of the other Mac computers out there. I am excited for this MacWorld and might not get on the internet until Wednesday so that I can watch the keynote video instead of reading about it. Comment on what you plan on doing for MacWorld, what sites you will be watching or even weather you are going or not.
Well I didn’t really have that many web sites that I really go to everyday because I only have about 6 or so bookmarks but I had to choose 10 and I’m pretty confident that if they stopped working right now I would go crazy.
- Digg – this is my favorite because for one thing I love the idea behind it and I think I’m addicted because I go there 20 times or more a day.
- del.icio.us – I just started to get into this site and I love it, there is a humongous amount of links on this site and the vast majority of them are amazing.
- WordPress – I happen to be a new convert to wordpress, I previously was just using blogger for all of my blogging but I love all the customizing abilities of wordpress.
- YouTube – I am on this site everyday just like everyone else in the world watching videos of people lip syncing to theme songs (I don’t really watch those, who does?).
- Revision3 – Well I don’t have cable at my house mostly because of this site. So much of the content on it is so good and even with the recent loss of Geekdrome I still use this practically everyday.
- TWIT – I don’t have cable so I spend most of my time watching video from the internet but when I’m in the car I listen to TWIT podcasts, they are awesome.
- Weblogs inc. – This site is basically a collection of really good blogs. With blogs like Engadget and The Unofficial Apple Weblog, how can you go wrong.
- FeedBurner – I love this and even though I don’t use it everyday I don’t think I could live without it because It is a great way to separate where my feed is from where it actually is. if for any reason my RSS feed has to change I just change where Feedburner looks and I have no problems.
- Flickr – Even though I don’t put many photos up on flickr all of my friends do and they send me links so I can view them there, I love flickr because it is very simple and its fun.
- Pandora – The coolest online radio site in the world because the radio station is yours. You put in a band or song you like and it creates a station for you all based on your original input.
- ICQ Pro 2003b – over 250,000 downloads
- Morpheus 126.96.36.1992 – over 160,000 downloads
- ICQ 5.1 – 133,000 downloads
- imesh 7 – 113,000 downloads
- LimeWire 4.12.3 – 104,000 downloads
- Spybot – Search & Destroy – 85,500 downloads
- Download Accelerator 8.1 – 55,500 downloads
- Divx for Windows with Divx Player 6.4 – 51,600 downloads
- Webshots Desktop 188.8.131.5209 – 41,500 downloads
- ZoneAlarm 6.5.722 – 41,300 downloads
Theres the list and it makes me laugh that two ICQ programs are on there. Also the good old P2P file sharing program LimeWire is on there. How long until that program gets destroyed.
The first of the month of Apple bugs has been released today and it is a buffer overflow problem. Here is what they say about the bug:
We’ll see how the rest of them are and I’m excited as to how Apple will react to them, my guess is they will patch them rather quickly. Here is the web site.