I ordered Leopard on Wednesday and it should be delivered to my door by FedEx sometime this morning. I have to be honest with all of you, i am not terribly excited about Leopard (mostly because there isn’t one feature that I’m really excited about). The features, after added all up, are great but it is hard to name any one feature I’m really excited about. But, luckily I am able to tell you more than one feature I’m excited for, so I’ll tell you 5 of my favorites.
(These are in no particular order)
1. Web Clip – The ability to take sections of a web page and turn it into a widget. Do I really have to say more, this feature that has seemed to disapear from the the “top X Leopard features” lists is still on mine, basically because I still like using widgets but don’t want to have to learn how to code my own.
2. Stacks – Stacks are basically just folders that sit in the dock and allow you to easily get at the contents of it. I’m excited for stacks because I find myself dealing with a lot of files and having all of the files at my fingertips (right in the dock) will make it much easier for me.
3. Frontrow – Frontrow now looks just like the AppleTV interface. I’m excited about it because I love the look of the AppleTV interface and I often times use Frontrow to view my content and a better interface is always good.
4. Quick Look – The ability to quickly look at your files without having to open an application to view them. AMAZING.
5. Spaces – Now, I’ve tried applications like this before but Apple is doing it a little bit differently than all the others. I’ve also never used a computer with such a small screen, I’m using a 13″ MacBook and I think that spaces could lend itself nicely to smaller screens.
So there you have it, I will be waiting at my doorstep this morning for my FedEx guy to show up with my copy of Leopard. I’ve already backed up all of my data so I’m ready to throw the install DVD in and hit the upgrade button.